Impact On Business
Unauthenticated attackers can bypass the authentication if the default passwords for Admin and Guest users have not been changed by the administrator. This may impact the confidentiality of the service.
Affected Components Description
CA Introscope Enterprise Manager is part of CA APM Introscope(R), an application performance management solution to manage Java Application performance. With the Right to View (RTV) version of CA APM Introscope, SAP ships a read-only version of the full product that is bundled with SAP Solution Manager (SolMan). This version only supports products that are licensed and supported by SAP. CA APM Introscope is integrated in the SolMan infrastructure. While the CA Introscope Enterprise Manager(s) are directly connected to SolMan, the Introscope Host Adapters (also known as Wily Host agents) are running inside the SolMan Diagnostics agents (SMD agents) that are installed on each SAP host that is monitored by SolMan.
- Wily Introscope Enterprise 9.7
- Wily Introscope Enterprise 10.1
- Wily Introscope Enterprise 10.5
- Wily Introscope Enterprise 10.7
(Check SAP Note 2971638 for detailed information on affected releases)
This vulnerability applies if the default passwords for the pre-defined users Admin and Guest have not been changed (which is not enforced by the installation wizard).
SAP has released SAP Note 2971638 which provides patched versions of the affected components.
The patches can be downloaded from https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2971638
Onapsis strongly recommends SAP customers to download the related security fixes and apply them to the affected components in order to reduce business risks.
- 08/25/2020: Onapsis sends details to SAP
- 08/25/2020: SAP provides SR ID
- 08/28/2020: SAP confirm the vulnerability
- 09/09/2020: SAP provides update: "Fix in progress"
- 10/13/2020: SAP releases SAP Note fixing the issue.
- Vulnerability is now closed
- Onapsis Blog Post:
- CVE Mitre:
- Vendor Patch:
- Public Release Date: 06/14/2021
- Security Advisory ID: ONAPSIS-2021-0009
- Vulnerability Submission ID: 845
- Researcher(s): Yvan Genuer
- Vendor: SAP
- Vulnerability Class: |LS|CWE-798|RS| Use of Hard-coded Credentials
- CVSS v3 score: 7.5 AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N
- Severity: High
- CVE: CVE-2020-6369
- Vendor patch Information: SAP Security Note 2971638
ABOUT OUR RESEARCH LABS
Onapsis Research Labs provides the industry analysis of key security issues that impact mission-critical systems and applications.
Delivering frequent and timely security and compliance advisories with associated risk levels, Onapsis Research Labs combine in-depth knowledge
and experience to deliver technical and business-context with sound security judgment to the broader information security community.
Find all reported vulnerabilities at https://github.com/Onapsis/vulnerability_advisories
This advisory is licensed under a Creative Commons 4.0 BY-ND International License