Impact On Business
SAP Hybris accelerator services module is vulnerable to server side request forgery, which means that an authenticated attacker is able to perform POST requests to any valid URL.
Affected Components Description
SAP Hybris is an ecommerce product platform that is used to address a family of products involving Customer Experience and Management.
The acceleratorservices extension provides a payment gateway mock that integrates with the Accelerator storefront checkout process.
- SAP Hybris eCommerce 1808
- SAP Hybris eCommerce 1811
- SAP Hybris eCommerce 1905
- SAP Hybris eCommerce 2005
(Check SAP Note 2975170 for detailed information on affected releases)
A Server Side Request Forgery without authentication, exists in SAP Hybris acceleratorservices. This means that anyone accessing this extension, is able to use it to make arbitrary HTTP requests, bypassing network restrictions.
This same issue can be used to make a self-referenced request that will loop forever, consuming all memory resources and locking the service until restart (Denial of Service).
SAP has released SAP Note 2975170 which provides patched versions of the affected components.
The patches can be downloaded from https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2975170
Onapsis strongly recommends SAP customers to download the related security fixes and apply them to the affected components in order to reduce business risks.
- 08/25/2020: Onapsis provides details to SAP
- 08/25/2020: SAP provides SR ID
- 09/09/2020: SAP provides update: "Vulnerability is in progress"
- 10/12/2020: SAP provides update: "Fix in progress"
- 11/10/2021: SAP releases SAP Note fixing the issue. Vulnerability is now closed
- Onapsis Blog Post:
- CVE Mitre:
- Vendor Patch:
- Public Release Date: 06/14/2021
- Security Advisory ID: ONAPSIS-2021-0007
- Vulnerability Submission ID: 843
- Researcher(s): Gaston Traberg
- Vendor: SAP
- Vulnerability Class: |LS|CWE-200|RS| Exposure of Sensitive Information to an Unauthorized Actor
- CVSS v3 score: 7.5 AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N
- Severity: High
- CVE: CVE-2020-26809
- Vendor patch Information: SAP Security Note 2975189
ABOUT OUR RESEARCH LABS
Onapsis Research Labs provides the industry analysis of key security issues that impact mission-critical systems and applications.
Delivering frequent and timely security and compliance advisories with associated risk levels, Onapsis Research Labs combine in-depth knowledge
and experience to deliver technical and business-context with sound security judgment to the broader information security community.
Find all reported vulnerabilities at https://github.com/Onapsis/vulnerability_advisories
This advisory is licensed under a Creative Commons 4.0 BY-ND International License