Impact On Business
An attacker can generate download-links sequentially targeting "impex" directory files. As a consequence, they will be able download most of these files, potentially disclosing critical Hybris information such as credentials.
Affected Components Description
SAP Hybris is an ecommerce platform that is used to address a family of products involving Customer Experience and Management. The "medias" module is responsible for providing users a secure way to upload and access files in the system.
- SAP Hybris eCommerce 1808
- SAP Hybris eCommerce 1811
- SAP Hybris eCommerce 1905
- SAP Hybris eCommerce 2005
(Check SAP Note 2975189 for detailed information on affected releases)
When a file is uploaded into Hybris using the "medias" module, part of the destination path is generated using user-provided information and some other static context data kept by Hybris.
The user-controlled part is the only one that changes among uploaded files and therefore it's possible to sequentially craft download-links (bruteforcing) with the goal of accessing prior uploaded files. Among these files it is possible to find critical ones such as those inside the 'impex' directory.
SAP has released SAP Note 2975189 which provides patched versions of the affected components.
The patches can be downloaded from https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2975189
Onapsis strongly recommends SAP customers to download the related security fixes and apply them to the affected components in order to reduce business risks.
- 08/25/2020: Onapsis provides details to SAP
- 08/25/2020: SAP provides SR ID
- 09/09/2020: SAP provides update: "Vulnerability is in progress"
- 10/12/2020: SAP provides update: "Fix in progress"
- 02/09/2021: SAP releases SAP Note fixing the issue. Vulnerability is now closed
- Onapsis Blog Post:
- CVE Mitre:
- Vendor Patch:
- Public Release Date: 06/14/2021
- Security Advisory ID: ONAPSIS-2021-0007
- Vulnerability Submission ID: 843
- Researcher(s): Gaston Traberg
- Vendor: SAP
- Vulnerability Class: |LS|CWE-200|RS| Exposure of Sensitive Information to an Unauthorized Actor
- CVSS v3 score: 7.5 AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N
- Severity: High
- CVE: CVE-2020-26809
- Vendor patch Information: SAP Security Note 2975189
ABOUT OUR RESEARCH LABS
Onapsis Research Labs provides the industry analysis of key security issues that impact mission-critical systems and applications.
Delivering frequent and timely security and compliance advisories with associated risk levels, Onapsis Research Labs combine in-depth knowledge
and experience to deliver technical and business-context with sound security judgment to the broader information security community.
Find all reported vulnerabilities at https://github.com/Onapsis/vulnerability_advisories
This advisory is licensed under a Creative Commons 4.0 BY-ND International License