IMPACT ON BUSINESS
This URL Redirection vulnerability in SAP Knowledge Management allows remote attackers to redirect users to arbitrary websites and conduct phishing attacks via a URL stored in a component. This gives the attacker the ability to compromise the user's confidentiality and integrity.
AFFECTED COMPONENTS DESCRIPTION
SAP Enterprise Portal is a web frontend component for SAP Netweaver.
- EP-RUNTIME 7.30
- EP-RUNTIME 7.31
- EP-RUNTIME 7.40
- EP-RUNTIME 7.50
(Check SAP Note 3076399 for detailed information on affected releases)
In default configuration, the SAP Portal Webdynpro tc~kmc~wdui~favorites/FavoritesApplication is accessible remotely without authentication as a Guest user. It is possible to craft malicious ‘Favorites’ to redirect futur victims to the attacker website.
SAP has released SAP Note 3076399 which provides patched versions of the affected components.
The patches can be downloaded from: https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/3074844.
Onapsis strongly recommends SAP customers to download the related security fixes and apply them to the affected components in order to reduce business risks.
- 04/26/2021: Onapsis sends details to SAP
- 04/29/2021: SAP provides internal ID
- 08/10/2021: SAP releases SAP Note fixing the issue.
- Public Release Date: 01/26/2022
- Security Advisory ID: ONAPSIS-2021-0024
- Vulnerability Submission ID: 884
- Researcher(s): Yvan Genuer
- Vendor: SAP
- Vulnerability Class: |LS|CWE-601|RS| URL Redirection to Untrusted Site ('Open Redirect')
- CVSS v3 score: 6.1 AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N
- Severity: Medium
- CVE: CVE-2021-337057
- Vendor patch Information: SAP Security Note 3076399
ABOUT OUR RESEARCH LABS
Onapsis Research Labs provides the industry analysis of key security issues that impact mission-critical systems and applications.
Delivering frequent and timely security and compliance advisories with associated risk levels, Onapsis Research Labs combine in-depth knowledge
and experience to deliver technical and business-context with sound security judgment to the broader information security community.
Find all reported vulnerabilities at https://github.com/Onapsis/vulnerability_advisories
This advisory is licensed under a Creative Commons 4.0 BY-ND International License