There’s no questioning the importance of ERP applications. These critical systems support an organization’s core business processes, including financials, supply chain management, asset lifecycle management, manufacturing and operations, human capital management and more.
Despite the critical nature of ERP's, security is often overlooked or taken for granted. This happens for a number of reasons—limited resources, other priorities, system complexity, confusion over current best practices, etc. That’s why we work closely with Oracle and collaborate to maintain the security posture of Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) and other business-critical applications. We’ve collected the most important, actionable advice on how to approach protecting these systems and put it in one place.
Our research team, the Onapsis Research Labs, has been assessing ERP systems, including Oracle EBS, for years, reporting the latest vulnerabilities and advising our customers on the importance of applying patches, remediating vulnerabilities and mitigating risk. Of course, we also share our research with ERP vendors and, since 2016, have been credited in Oracle’s Critical Patch Update (CPUs) advisories for reporting 180 vulnerabilities across various versions of Oracle EBS.
Onapsis & Oracle Advise Top Security Recommendations for Securing E-Business Suite
Building on our existing relationship, we are excited to partner with Oracle and present our joint recommendations for securing Oracle EBS. Read the full white paper here, but the advice includes:
- Deploy your applications in accordance with the security hardening guidelines
- Apply security patches in a timely fashion
- Keep Oracle EBS up-to-date
- Enable important Oracle EBS security features
- Periodically reassess your security posture and automate the process
- Define a secure baseline and continually monitor your systems
- Keep informed about Oracle EBS updates and patches
The white paper goes into detail on how each of these plays a key role in protecting your Oracle EBS systems, including links to supporting resources and actionable steps.
Learn more about how we help secure Oracle EBS at OpenWorld!
Join us at Oracle OpenWorld on September 16-18, 2019 at Booth 408 in the Moscone Center in San Francisco! Demo the Onapsis Platform and learn how Onapsis can protect your ERP systems and prepare you for a secure and compliant move to the cloud. We’re also holding two sessions during the show!
Key Steps to Securing Business-Critical Applications: Business Applications Are Increasingly Targeted by Malicious Attackers Who Seek to Steal the Crown Jewels of an Organization
- BRUCE LOWENTHAL, SENIOR DIRECTOR, SECURITY ALERTS GROUP, ORACLE
- JP PEREZ-ETCHEGOYEN, CTO, ONAPSIS INC
- RESHMA BANERJEE, DIRECTOR, SECURITY ALERTS, ORACLE
Date: Tuesday, September 17
Time: 1:45 PM - 2:30 PM
Location: Moscone West - Room 3007A
Designing Oracle E-Business Suite Controls and Application Security Best Practices
- MIKE MILLER, SENIOR SECURITY RESEARCHER, ONAPSIS
- JEFFREY T. HARE, CPA CISA CIA, CPA, CISA, CIA, FOUNDER AND CEO, ERP RISK ADVISORS
Date: Monday, September 16
Time: 5:20 PM
Location: Moscone South - Room 159A
Learn more about our presence at Oracle OpenWorld 2019 here. Hope to see you here!