Impact On Business
Due to a missing authorization check in SAP Solution Manager LM-SERVICE component a remote authenticated attacker could be able to execute privileged actions in the affected system, including the execution of operating system commands.
Affected Components Description
A core component of the SAP Solution Manager, LM-SERVICE is affected by this vulnerability. For a detailed list of the affected versions please refer to the SAP Security Note stated above.
- SAP Solution Manager 7.20
(Check SAP Note #2890213 for detailed information on affected releases)
A remote authenticated attacker, without any other authorization in their profile more than the ones needed to login via HTTP(s) could be able to abuse privileged critical functionality such as the execution of administrative methods used to configure or monitor Satellite systems, or the execution of arbitrary code which will lead to arbitrary remote code execution.
SAP has released SAP Note #2890213 which provides patched versions of the affected components.
The patches can be downloaded from https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2890213
Onapsis strongly recommends SAP customers to download the related security fixes and apply them to the affected components in order to reduce business risks.
- 10/08/2020: Onapsis report vulnerability to SAP
- 10/12/2020: SAP Confirms vulnerability and provides CVSSv3 Score
- 11/10/2020: SAP releases SAP Security note 2890213 fixing this issue
Onapsis blogpost: https://onapsis.com/blog/sap-security-notes-september-2020
Vendor Patch: https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2890213
- Public Release Date: 06/14/2021
- Security Advisory ID: ONAPSIS-2021-0014
- Vulnerability Submission ID: 848
- Researcher(s): Pablo Artuso, Yvan Genuer, Nahuel D. Sánchez
- Vendor: SAP
- Vulnerability Class: |LS|CWE-862|RS| Missing Authorization
- CVSS v3 score: 9.9 (AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H)
- Severity: Critical
- CVE: CVE-2020-6207
- Vendor patch Information: SAP Security Note 2890213
ABOUT OUR RESEARCH LABS
Onapsis Research Labs provides the industry analysis of key security issues that impact mission-critical systems and applications.
Delivering frequent and timely security and compliance advisories with associated risk levels, Onapsis Research Labs combine in-depth knowledge
and experience to deliver technical and business-context with sound security judgment to the broader information security community.
Find all reported vulnerabilities at https://github.com/Onapsis/vulnerability_advisories
This advisory is licensed under a Creative Commons 4.0 BY-ND International License