Onapsis Closes 2022 with Significant Momentum Driven by Accelerated Demand for Business Application Security
Onapsis announces continued growth, key industry accolades, and record product innovation as demand to secure cloud, hybrid, and on-premise business applications accelerates.
BOSTON--February 15, 2023--Onapsis, the market leader in business application cybersecurity and compliance, today announced a successful year of continued growth and innovation, driven by the increased need for large organizations to protect the critical business applications that power their digital core.
“Attacks against business applications, such as SAP and Oracle, are growing at an exponential rate. In this uncertain threat landscape, enterprises are relying on our solutions now more than ever, especially as they migrate these applications to the cloud and integrate them into DevOps initiatives.” said Mariano Nunez, CEO and Co-founder of Onapsis. “Our goal is to give our customers the peace of mind of knowing their core business applications are secure, compliant, and available at all times. In this uncertain macroeconomic environment, organizations worldwide are being forced to rationalize their spending, and focus their investments on protecting only what matters the most. There is nothing more important than protecting core business applications, and that is the problem Onapsis solves. We look forward to continuing to innovate our platform and expanding our reach to more customers in the year ahead.”
Today, nearly 30% of the Forbes Global 100, including Pfizer, Sony, and Siemens, trust Onapsis’ industry-leading security solutions to protect their business applications. In the past year, Onapsis continued to innovate and invest heavily in its customers by launching its inaugural Executive Customer Advisory Board (CAB), composed of cybersecurity and technology industry executives from the world’s leading brands, such as Dow Chemical, Cargill, and Colgate-Palmolive. Onapsis further expanded its partner ecosystem, forming new strategic partnerships with leading organizations such as Oracle, KPMG, and Capgemini.
The company continued to lead in the industry through accelerated product innovation, releasing numerous new products and capabilities, including:
- Onapsis Cloud Platform, a SaaS zero-footprint model that accelerates enterprises’ abilities to jumpstart their SAP vulnerability management programs.
- New and updated ERP security capabilities that equip SAP and Oracle customers with deep visibility into their ERP attack surface and critical insights from the Onapsis Research Labs.
- Onapsis Research Labs’ Threat Intel Center connects the Onapsis Threat Intelligence Cloud, a global network of sensors and applications instrumented to capture the activity of attackers exploiting business applications, and deep research conducted by the Onapsis Research Labs into a unified, detailed threat intelligence repository. The Threat Intel Center reduces the workload on security teams by delivering a comprehensive transfer of knowledge, allowing them to efficiently defend their organization while building their expertise in SAP and Oracle security.
- Enhanced cyber security solutions that include a new Network Detection Rule Pack for Onapsis Defend and increased support for SAP SuccessFactors, a cloud-based human capital management (HCM) solution.
- Onapsis Assess Baseline, a simplified core vulnerability offer designed to address critical vulnerabilities and to automate evaluation of the best practices in the SAP Security Baseline.
The Onapsis Platform is powered by the ORL’s extensive research and findings. In February, the ORL published research in collaboration with SAP, announcing the discovery and patching of critical network-exploitable vulnerabilities, dubbed ICMAD (Internet Communication Manager Advanced Desync). Due to the potential threats associated with the ICMAD vulnerabilities, numerous global organizations issued alerts, including the U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA). Coming on the heels of this research, Onapsis Research Labs reached a key milestone of 1,000 total zero-day vulnerabilities identified in business applications – becoming the first and only research team dedicated to business applications to accomplish this to date.
Onapsis also strengthened its executive leadership bench in 2022 with the appointments of Sadik Al-Abdulla as Chief Product Officer, Denis Cashman as Chief Financial Officer, and Kellie Snyder as Chief Customer Officer. Al-Abdulla brings more than 20 years of experience from building industry-leading products at organizations such as McAfee and CDW. Cashman brings more than 30 years of senior leadership experience at both publicly-traded and growth-stage companies, such as Dell/EMC and Microsoft. Snyder brings over 25 years of experience leading customer engagement functions for both private and public companies of various sizes and stages, including Salsify, CA, and Adobe.
The increased adoption and ongoing success of Onapsis’ platform has been honored by critical industry awards. Specific honors and achievements include:
- Onapsis was featured on the Inc. 5000 List of Fastest Growing Companies for the second consecutive year
- Onapsis was named a Market Leader in ERP Security for the Cyber Defense Global Infosec Awards
- Onapsis was listed on CRN’s 20 Coolest Web, Application, and Email Security Companies Of 2022
- Onapsis Named a Gold Winner in the 2022 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards
- Onapsis was shortlisted for the Cloud Security Innovation category in the 2022 SDC Awards
For more information on Onapsis’ award-winning platform, please visit: https://onapsis.com/.
Onapsis protects the business applications that run the global economy. The Onapsis Platform uniquely delivers vulnerability management, threat detection and response, change assurance, and continuous compliance for business applications from leading vendors such as SAP, Oracle, and others. The Onapsis Platform is powered by the Onapsis Research Labs, the team responsible for the discovery and mitigation of more than 1,000 zero-day vulnerabilities in business applications.
Onapsis is headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices in Heidelberg, Germany and Buenos Aires, Argentina, and proudly serves hundreds of the world’s leading brands, including close to 30% of the Forbes Global 100, six of the top 10 automotive companies, five of the top 10 chemical companies, four of the top 10 technology companies, and three of the top 10 oil and gas companies.
For more information, connect with us on Twitter or LinkedIn, or visit https://www.onapsis.com.